Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Day 2009

Down, down, down into the darkness of the grave
Gently they go, the beautiful, the tender, the kind;
Quietly they go, the intelligent, the witty, the brave.
I know. But I do not approve. And I am not resigned.
---Edna St. Vincent Millay, Dirge Without Music, 1928

Vladimir Nabokov said, "Our existence is but a brief crack of light between two eternities of darkness."
It is up to us to make this light significant so that past generations will not slip away unobserved and forgotten.

Empty Grave

It was Nov 01, 2006, that Evil did shout as It crept about to dishonor the dignity of buried ancestors. The mountain roads and the wind heard the whisper of depravity when ghouls lifted Winnie out of her grave and assaulted the only thing left for a family to give a much loved daughter that is lost some seventy years ago. Stricken they trembled in the contamination of a carefully prepared death and sought to recover their precious daughter and gently swaddle her once again in a satin resting place.

No comments: